Ordinary ship assistant
ESVAGT currently has approximately 200 ordinary ship assistants on internships on our 42 ships. We are focusing on targeted training and education of the individual employee and the opportunity to make a career subsequently as a ship assistant or navigator. The professional pride and the good comradeship are at very high importance on board the ships.
In ESVAGT, it is possible to work on different operations as part of the training course, including X-bow ships and SOVs.
Do you have what it takes?
To live and work closely together with other people 24 hours a day for weeks at a time, requires something very special. Do you have what it takes? There is only one way to find out.
- Internship agreement that includes a minimum of 12 months effective sailing time for either ship assistant or coastguard
- Salary during the internship period according to agreement
- A varied and inspiring job
- Opportunity for personal and professional development
- Structured training in accordance with ESVAGT’s education book and internship education book
- Opportunity to try your hand at both bridge and deck before choosing a field of study
- 4 weeks on sea followed by 4 weeks off
- Fitness equipment, internet and your own chamber
- You have completed the basic maritime education as an ordinary ship assistant or HF Maritime
- You have a valid health certificate, passport and a discharge book
- You can talk and write English
- You have a clean criminal record (max. 3 months old)
- You have a pure drug test (ESVAGT pays for the test upon employment)
- You feel like working with fire, rescue and first aid at sea
In addition, it is important that you want to learn, that you do not suffer from seasickness or fear of flying – and that you are passionate about a future at sea.
Nice to know
If you have experience within the fishery, make sure you are allowed to sail in the merchant navy with the papers you have. Otherwise, contact MARTEC in Frederikshavn and learn more about the transition course from fishing to the merchant navy.
We receive many requests and not every job will be advertised in newspapers and the web. We use our database, so it’s important that you register your job application – and make a regularly update.
Once your application is registered correctly, you will receive an automatic response confirming your application has been received. If we choose to invite you for an interview, we will get in contact with you. If you are not qualified for a position in ESVAGT, you will receive a rejection per. mail. Unfortunately, we will not be able to elaborate on the individual refusal personally.